The Month of the Jacarandas

P1200186 picasa signed

The Jacaranda blue, a heavenly hue
Graces the landscape in November
Sometimes already in late October
As is the case this year
As it was the case
Many years ago
I remember

Birds are busy nesting in the trees
Caring for their balls of fluff
Soon they’ll be proudly showing off
Their noisy fledglings
Squeaking, screeching
On the railing of
My balcony

Soon I’ll have the pleasure to share
In this wonder of nature, watching the parent
Nurture the scrawny, squawking offspring
How good it is to witness this
So close at hand – Oz indeed
Is a wondrous
Land

© irina dimitric 2013

This entry was posted in Australia, Free Verse, Irina Dimitric, Nature, Photography, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Month of the Jacarandas

1. Benita Kape says:

Very nice. I have a lovely Jacaranda tree in my garden in NZ. I wont flower until Xmas.

2. omtatjuan says:

Beautiful words… And the bush is nice too!

3. How lovely to share your blue skies on a grey, weeping Nivembet morning here. Thank yiu

4. irinadim says:

My pleasure. I’m sorry the weather is not nice for you this morning. Tomorrow might be a brighter day. 🙂 Thanks for liking my post.

5. terramere says:

beautiful picture and poem Irina…much enjoyed!

6. Aquileana says:

Beautiful ode to Jacarandas & nature; Irina…

I really love the picture and the singing spirit of your words… So joyful and full of life…

Cheers, Aquileana 😉

7. irinadim says:

Thank you so much for stopping by, Aquileana. I’m so glad that joy and beauty of nature came through the lines and photo. And I do appreciate you “love the singing spirit of my words.” What a lovely comment! It means a lot to me. 🙂 Cheers, Irina